Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So You Think You Can Garden? (Canadian Edition)


Even in my current "bedazzled" state I'm not so far gone as to think that I stand a chance in So You Think You Can Dance (seniors' division of course) but is it possible I could compete in So You Think You Can Garden?

Here's the story.  Last week I picked up the 20th Anniversary Issue of Canadian Gardening.  Now I'm a long suffering magazine junkie and since the Ottawa weather was exceptional for the month of March (sun shining, birds singing, snow melting) I NEEDED a gardening magazine.

Imagine my delight when I came across the magical phrase "Do you have what it takes to blog for canadiangardening.com?"  Prizes include a $500 cash prize plus goodies from Canadian Tire & Lee Valley Tools.  So far so good. 

Among the rules "The winner will be required to post one blog entry (minimum of 100 words) at least once per week between April 15, 2010 and September 30, 2010."  No Sweat.  I could blog 100 words in the blink of an eye. 

"Are you a savvy gardener who loves to share growing tips and advice with fellow green thumb?"  Hmmmm ... what exactly is the definition of "savvy gardener" and how "green" are we talking?  Best to investigate further and check out the competition. Let's see, you can provide your own picture.  That would certainly help to make your entry stand out!

Photography by Virginia MacDonald, illustration by KC Rasmussen

Now it seems to me that the last time I looked, my garden was somewhat similar to the Folmer Gardens featured in the April 2010 Issue.  Let's see what's out there now ...

Sadly, reality doesn't measure up to memory ;) 


At least it's not still looking like this!

So I guess I'll be giving up my chance at that dream blog (for now anyway).  I wonder if my truly "savvy gardener" friends would be interested?  Wade ... Amie ... are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment