Monday, March 29, 2010

Sarah's Style


From the moment I saw Sarah Richardson selecting this wonderful fabric with its flowers, butterflies & scrumptious yellow, I was hooked on the latest season of HGTV's Sarah's House.  I had caught a glimpse of it in the show’s teaser and it was well worth waiting until the third episode of the season (episode 30 of the series) to see how it inspired the creation of the Main Bathroom.

Sarah is also inspiring a long overdue transition of my decorating style from the ‘80’s (1780’s in the case of my Second Life® design & decorating work!) to something now referred to as the New Classic Style, a mix of modern & traditional that is absolutely fresh. Of course it probably helped that she wooed me with a fabric from Sanderson, a company currently celebrating “150 years of English Decoration” that began in 1860 as an importer of French wallpaper.

There are seven episodes remaining this year and I’m intending to savor every one of them. Tomorrow she tackles the kitchen. What could be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment